PlacidWay, an international medical tourism portal based in Denver, Colorado, is a growing leader in the health and wellness industry offering online information, data and resources regarding international medical providers, physicians, surgeons and facilities around the globe, from South Africa to Costa Rica and from South Korea to Thailand or from Croatia and Turkey to Switzerland.
PlacidWay encourages medical patients, no matter where they’re from or where they’re going, to always take the time to ask questions of a medical provider, whether they’re seeking treatment for a common flu or obtaining cosmetic surgery or a cardiac transplant.
Patients tend to hesitate when it comes time to ask a doctor or surgeon or facility about their training and experience, as well as outcomes to surgeries, but doing so is important. We ask about our children’s teachers, their day care providers and we grill the auto mechanic, but for some reason, we’re hesitant to ask questions of our doctors.
When seeking medical services or physicians medical consumers should ask important questions from the a patient’s point of view. Such as:
· How will the medical practice, facility or service best meet my need?
· Why will I benefit from your specific service or facility?
· Does your service provide viable, effective and successful treatments?
· Does the physician, surgeon or facility provide adequate feedback or proof?
· Is the doctor/facility certified or accredited by national or international accrediting organizations?
· Does the doctor/facility offer affordable medical care and solutions to patients?
Those are just the basics – don’t hesitate to ask any question that comes to mind before choosing any medical provider, at home or abroad. After all, it’s your body and your health.